Nepal Trekking and Tour Packages 2018

Trekking in Nepal
Breaking News

Taiwanes Trekker rescued after 47 days in Nepal celebrates birthday

Taiwanes Trekker in hospital

A Taiwanes trekker named Liang Sheng-yueh (21) celebrates his birthday at Grandee International Hospital in Kathmandu, Nepal on friday. He cut cheese and chocolate cakes in the hospital where the hospital staffs and Nepal Government minister sang "Happy Birthday".

On the birthday celebration, Liang joined his hands to thank the doctors, journalists and people who helped him in rescue. “Thank you very much everyone for taking care of me,” Liang said. “I am sorry to make you worried. I hope that I can make contributions to society in the future and I will do my best to live up to my responsibilities.”

His treatment is undergoing and he is now recovering, said Dr. Chakra Raj Pandey.

Liang is happy to be survived after he rescued on Wednesday but also sad about losing his girlfriend, 19 year old Liu Chen-chun who died just three days before the day Liang was rescued.

Liang and Liu were on a long trek on the Ganesh Himal Trail without a trekking guide and porter. They were lost (trekking accident) when they slipped and fell over a waterfall. They were caught in a snowstorm in march and lost their way.

Liu died of hunger and lack of water after 6 months they were on a trek.

Missing Taiwanes Trekkers rescued after 47 days in Nepal

Missing Taiwanes Trekker Rescued after 47 days in Nepal

Taiwanes trekkers who were missing in Nepal for 47 days were found on Wednesday, one of the trekkers (girl) died just three days before they were discovered.

They were found on a ledge under a waterfall around 2600m near Tipling village in Dhading district. 21 year old Liang Sheng Yueh was found alive whereas his girilfriend, 19 year old Liu Chen Chun was dead just three days before.

They were on a long trek on the Ganesh Himal Trail where they were caught in a snowstorm and lost their way. They were fallen down over a waterfall and landed on a ledge.

For the first two weeks they survived on food they had in their backpacks but after that they consumed only salt and water, Liang said.

They were rescued by a helicopter and immediately taken to the hospital.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.